I’ve been inspired.
The wonderous Leonie Dawson, is teaching me how to be my own Creative Goddess. She’s eight shades of crazy in a magical glittery rainbow fairy dust kind of way, but I like that.
(I think I might want to be her when I grow up).
One of the many things I’m doing this year is goal setting. Big ones, small ones, mundane ones like writing down fabric softener on my shopping list so I don’t forget it – MAKING the shopping list so I don’t forget the fabric softener and only come home with chocolate biscuits. There are so many things I want to do with my life and I’ve come to realise that if I don’t write them down I’ll either forget about it or keep pushing things to the background and never get them done, then get totally frustrated that I didn’t achieve anything this year AGAIN!
If you write things down you give them importance. It’s tangible and if it’s somewhere you can see them on a daily basis it becomes a priority. It’s constantly on your mind, you’re thinking about it, wondering how you’ll do it, when you’ll do it, in what way you’ll do it. And magically, you’ll start making plans to actually do it!
SO, one of Leonie’s suggestions is to list 100 things you want to do this year. Small, medium, and incredibly huge dreams. Some so crazy you think there’s no point putting them in writing cause they’ll never come true. Some just take a bit of planning, or putting on your daily to-do (or grocery) list. Now, 100 is a lot, and I’ll let you in on a secret – I’m only up to number 34 so far. I’ve got a ways to go, but hey, it’s only March and I’ve got the whole year to add more things and cross a whole heap off the list too.
What I’ve decided to do is let you in on my list and share 20 with you every couple of months. I’ll also update you on how the last 20 are progressing.
MY FIRST 20 DREAMS FOR 2013 ARE:
1. Go to the Melbourne Cup – I’ve been to Melbourne lots of times, but never for the
2. Go back to painting lessons
3. Say Yes! (I’m more of a say no then regret it later kind of person)
4. Go to Meditation lessons
5. Keep eating healthy
6. Be involved with three market stalls to sell my products
7. Get my car loan to under $10,000 (have already made a start to this one and have
increased my weekly car repayment)
8. Get Jacqstar Creations to 200 likers – If you haven’t stopped over and had a look
at my Facebook page yet please do and help me achieve this goal 🙂
9. Sing jazz in a jazz club
10. Visit all the Australian capitals (so far I’ve only been to Brisbane Sydney
11. Take drawing lessons
12. Go to a wine tasting tour around the vineyards somewhere
13. Release my inner bohemian
14. Go to G.O.M.A three times this year and see the latest exhibits
15. Travel to Egypt
16. Learn to speak Fluent French
17. Travel to France and live there for a while and really learn the language
and soak up the culture
18. Paint my nails in bright crazy colours
19. Go to the Planetarium.
20. Do the Bridge to Brisbane again this year.
Now, as you can tell, I’m not going to get all of this done this year. Some, like the moving to France are lofty plans, but it’s one of my dreams and it if doesn’t happen this year it’s going on my list of dreams each year until it does come true.
Here’s where audience participation comes in. I’d love for you to share some of your goals/wishes/dreams for the year with me. If I can help in any way I will. AND… if you can help me achieve any of mine please let me know.
Now it’s your turn…
follow me on instagram: